31 May 2018

our next stop.

In 2017 we made quite a few trips up to visit my parents in Ephraim, Utah.  And at some point during the year we asked ourselves "what if we lived here?"  It kind of started out as a joke, and my answer was a resounding HA HA VERY FUNNY.  Then over time the answer morphed from "no" to "okay, i admit there are some positives" to "wow, look at Theo thriving, what if we could give him a life here?"

When we visited last March we casually drove past some houses that were for sale in our price range.  They seemed nice enough, but we did not love the neighborhood.  We left Ephraim realizing that the area we'd want to live in was out of our price range, and I thought it was probably time to put the entire idea away.

Skip ahead a few weeks: we were living in the middle of our water damage disaster and feeling really annoyed that our house had turned on us again.  Then my mom called us and said that someone in that out-of-our-price-range neighborhood was moving and they would consider giving us first dibs on their house.  Also, the price was exactly right.

Soooo, we're moving!  It has been a deeply stressful month: worrying about whether or not our offer on the house would be accepted, trying to get our house fixed up and staged, and wondering if it would take very long to sell our house.  But everything is somehow magically working out and we have about one more month left before we move to Utah.

In the meantime I'll be busy packing, probably tiring of my own signature, preparing to live in a small town without all of the city amenities, and doing my best not to get too excited about the change in climate, even though it's far too late for that.

Check it:




Good riddance, Sweltering!  I will never ever ever miss you as long as I live.


And also we will getting ready to live close to family!
Like, REALLY close to family.
Did I mention our neighborhood is also the one where my parents live?  (😳)


Look how happy that cheese is going to be.
Also, peep the mountains we'll see when we exit our house.

This is going to be a fun ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment