23 October 2013

from the lately drawer.

Last weekend Jon and i drove up north to camp with some of the people from our church.  It was chilly and wonderful, and Jon and I got to sleep in the loft area of our cabin, which very much felt like a secret clubhouse.  Secret clubhouses are the best.

Jon also brought up his flying toys, and the kids who were there were so in love with him, it was kind of hilarious.  Every single one of them wants something that flies for christmas now, so once again Jon is a hit with all of the kids everywhere.  Also, tell a kid that he or she is on camera and they will ham it up so hard.

On a sort of related note, have I ever admitted that sometimes when Jon would play with a baby or little kid I'd have to distract myself or purposely not look at him or else I'd be a HUGE risk for contracting baby fever?

One of the adults at the camp commented on how good Jon is with kids, and I was like don't I know it.  But instead of stating the usual, he's like a giant teddy bear or he's so good at playing with them, she said he's so good at letting them see and touch his things.  It was such a different compliment than the others that followed "he's so good with kids," but I think this new one is my favorite so far.  It made me realize that I'm not at all worried about Jon being able to bond with our future kids (though now I might have to work a little harder at it).
.
.
.
In the last few weeks or so I've become so fascinated with Ann Romney.  I wish there was a biography out there in the world about her, and I've been playing the "should I buy or shouldn't I?" game with her new cookbook that just came out.  Yesterday I spent some time at the bookstore going through it, and it is so different from any cookbook I have ever seen.  The whole thing is like a glorified scrapbook, which annoys me slightly, but overall I find it really intriguing.  For all the fire her husband took about not being "real," I have to say, he seems pretty human to me now.  And since Ann's job last year was basically to make him seem human, I'd say she did it with this book.  And thankfully it came out this year and not last, otherwise I would have written it off as a political move and probably wouldn't have even touched the thing.

(Also, thanks to Ann's presence last year, there was that awesome and hilarious SNL Weekend Update interview with her and I died laughing so many times watching it.)
("Everyone loves Beyonce, Seth!")
.
.
.
So our next-door neighbors are out!  We still have NO CLUE what exactly went down, but we're pretty pleased that things are quieter and we don't have to fight for parking for the time being.

Also, if you're cool and thinking about moving, maybe you should be our new neighbors!  We're pretty sure the place is drug free (we didn't see any decontamination services people), and as far as I've peeked, your kitchen cabinets will be way nicer than ours!
.
.
.
I've finally finished editing all of our pictures from our honeymoon!  I'm hoping to have the first post up soon, but I'm also hoping to keep on top of the laundry and dishes and other housely duties, and I haven't been that great in the last week or two.

But luckily, 'tis the season (sort of) for our favorite Mulled Cider candle (from wally world!!), so the house smells like I've been really good at being domestic.

No comments:

Post a Comment