08 June 2015

from the weekend.


It's summer, guys.  That means being accompanied by ice water 24/7, trying to get away with wearing as little as possible, and tongues (and bellies) hanging out wagging to show everyone how hot we are.

Fortunately, there are random days to celebrate like National Doughnut (Donut?) Day.  I have no idea who comes up with these food holidays or if they are even legitimate (seriously, wasn't there just a donut day last month?), but I love food and the donut is a righteous, holy treat and I'm not going to miss a day to worship it (made up or not).  Our new preferred donut place is LaMar's, and this place can glaze my donut any day.  They are seriously the best.  They even counted Theo as a customer and gave him a free doughnut on Friday too!

On my way out I saw this:


The juxtaposition of these two was just so beautiful.  I was inspired:


Friday was extra special, not just because of the yummies to eat, but because of some rain we got.  Rain is always appreciated by me here, and I'm hoping Theo grows up to love it too.  We sat out on the front porch enjoying the sounds of the drizzles.


We went inside just as it started to pour, and the entire evening was filled with the coming and going of downpours and a few giant bouts of thunder.  Surprising to me, Theo did not seem to be bothered by the crashing noises coming from the sky, even when there were one or two that made me yelp just a little bit.



The next day we went up to Sedona briefly.  We'd never been before, and we wanted to check it out and see what was there.  I think the storm the day before cooled things down and it was absolutely wonderful up there.  It was cool, there was a breeze, and the sky was full of giant puffy clouds.  We didn't spend a lot of time there because I'd started to not feel well, but we definitely want to visit again this year.  But we decided it will probably be on a weekday - probably in September or so when all the kids are back in school and the families are done vacationing.  We are the types (introverts) who are put off a bit by crowds and probably would enjoy it much better during a period of slowness.



Theo had a great time too, until I tried having him wear some sunglasses.  Then things got a little dicey.

But all in all, it was a great weekend, and we hope there are more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment