11 December 2019

two years!

Our Tyrannos Regina had a birthday this week and now she's two!! 😱



Vivi really is something.  She is a beast of her own kind and though it's often an exasperating existence with her, I can't imagine her being any different.  I recently read a line from a book that gave me serious Vivi Vibes:

My point is she's bullheaded, which I think is great, but I don't want to be bailing her out of jail when she's nine.

Yep, sounds like my kid to me.



At two, Vivi is nothing like any two year-old we've ever raised.  (Granted there's only been one other, but still.)  At any point in time, you'll find that she has just climbed up onto the counters to get snacks to eat or she has just drawn tattoos all over her hands and arms with whatever writing instrument you were dumb enough to leave out in the opening.  By "you" I mean "I."  I am always the dumb one, forgetting that putting forbidden objects higher up is not a barrier to this child.  It's a challenge, and one she is ALWAYS game to meet.


When she's not screaming her demands she has a cute little voice, and Jon, Theo, and I love getting her to say all of her words.  Her favorite ones: mine, no, and RAWR.  She's true to her brand.


She is very spoiled and admired, especially at church where she plays in laps, gets fed treats, and is pampered with fancy hairstyles before she goes on to nursery.

One of my favorite things about her is how much she loves our home videos.  She could watch them for hours, so I was really excited to make her first birthday video and show it to her.  She seemed skeptical and less than enthused the first time, but I think she's coming around to it.




Happy birthday to our baby!  She has aged only two years, but I think I've aged 6 or 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment