09 September 2018

nine months of vivi.

Vivienne is nine months!


Our Little Bunny is rapidly becoming not so little anymore.  Bits of her personality are starting to come through and... I think we are in for quite a ride with this one.

Recently, with complete and utter glee, I realized that our family has a representative of each of the Hogwarts houses.  Vivienne is a Slytherin through and through.  She's tricky, she's resourceful, and she's formidable in her persistence for troublemaking.

Those cunning folk use any means / To achieve their ends.

She's still the queen but also a slippery one in the bath.  She's always grabbing for things around the kitchen sink, and delights in spilling water everywhere.  I probably should be bathing her in a regular tub by now but can't give up the infant tub - one of the only vestiges of her tiny-babyhood that I have left.



Though it took half her life, she has finally come around to baby food.  What didn't take long, however, was for her to learn to become mobile and extremely fast.  She essentially learned how to sit up on her own and crawl at the same time.  And none of that army-crawling, worming around business that her brother messed around with for some time.  Just straight to crawling on hands and knees, much to my horror.  Pulling herself up to standing position followed not long after, and I am terrified that we have a walking-before-age-one child on our hands.  Theo didn't walk until 14 months, and he could have walked even later than that as far as I'm concerned.  With each day I become less and less doubtful that Vivi will do the same.  Fingers-crossed I'm wrong.



She and her brother love each other very much.  I try to record every moment I can of them playing happily together, as I'm sure one day I'll need to show them proof that they used to get along.  For now their camaraderie is the norm, and I'm glad for it every day.


Happy nine months to this sassy, sneaky, hairy baby of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment