06 February 2018

some things.

1. Man, this "winter" has been freakishly warm.  Or at least, it seems that way?  At this point, 70s and 80s might be the norm for Phoenix winters.  After walking home from Theo's school last week we were all sweating and turned on the air conditioning for a bit.  And there hasn't been a single day this season where I've been like, "it's finally cold enough to drink hot chocolate!"  NOT A SINGLE ONE.  Damn you, climate change.

2. The other season I've been annoyed with is Flu/Cold.  Theo and Jon were sick most of January, and last week Vivi and I caught colds.  It was definitely the hardest it has been as a family of four, and we were in survival mode the entire time.  Thankfully it's over for now, and Jon and I are seriously contemplating keeping our children housebound until April.  No more colds, please!

3.  Other than the colds though, the kids are great.  Theo is so gentle and loving toward his little sister, and Vivi is very patient with her slightly overbearing big brother.  I hope as Vivi grows up that they form a good sibling-ship!

showing her the ropes


4. Theo is loving school.  He's adding words to his repertoire all the time and almost always tries to mimic what we say when we ask him to copy us.  Next week we have parent-teacher conferences, and I honestly can't wait!  We're so proud of our funny little guy.

ham


He's also really embracing his artistic side.  Every morning he does a quick painting with the paints he got for Christmas.  Lately he's been adding some crayon scribbles to his paintings for some mixed media creations.  We've been taping them to the walls of our dining room, but we are running out of space!



5.  Vivienne is a very sleepy baby.  I think she has a few more minutes of awake time every day, but up until last week she was still sleeping allllll day.  She sleeps well at night... but her night sleep doesn't start until past midnight.  We're hoping for a bedtime that's a bit more friendly to us soon.

She's also giving us daily smiles and every day uses her cute little voice a bit more.  I think one of the hardest things about that first month of having a baby is that there isn't a lot of love that comes from the little babe to cut through the hard stuff.  It's amazing how much smiles and coos brighten the mood, and I'm glad we've finally gotten to that stage.

immediately post-bath: the only time her hair is manageable and tame!


6. The Eagles are Super Bowl Champs, babyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!  I was definitely doubtful (slash, not wanting to get my hopes up) about our ability to step up and play, but we did it!  Before the game I was thinking about how the B-B era Patriots are probably the toughest (and most obnoxious) SB opponents to have, but victory over them would be SO SO SWEET.  And it is!!  I made Vivi cry with my screaming, and I think Theo was confused/a little freaked out.  But it was such a good, fun game to watch and the best feeling to have them win.  Also, I hate to be that guy, but I liked Nick Foles before he went and won us a Super Bowl.  He stepped up to the plate and helped us to wins with Chip Kelly a few years ago, and somehow that was all forgotten in the obsession with Carson Wentz.  Count me a lifelong Foles Fan, even though he's a Wildcat.  Anyway.  E-A-G-L-E-S  EAGLES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment