12 May 2015

mother's day.

It was a bit of a strange day, only because I still can't quite call myself a mother without it feeling so weird.  (also I'm having the hardest time liking any of the "mother" monikers and nicknames, so I have no idea what to call myself in relation to Theo)  I haven't always wanted to be a mother, and even now there are some days that are so tough and crazy I can't imagine why anyone wants to be a parent.  I often think about all the things I'd like to do in my lifetime and try to figure out how this little guy fits into it all.  I have to admit I haven't figured out how it all might come together, but I'm sure it will all work out.  Some nights after I've done all the chores and fed all the people and the house is still standing and I haven't uttered a single swear word during the day, I feel like anything is possible.

I can't imagine life without my boy now that I have him.  I'm thrilled he's my bébé, and I'm thrilled to be his maman.


No comments:

Post a Comment