06 March 2015

watching, reading, listening

Watching: like most of all Netflix customers, we have been making our way through Friends.  Jon and I watched it all while we were dating a couple of years ago, and it's still good.  Although I still can't stand Ross, I could watch skinny Chandler and fat Monica dance forever.

Reading: after waiting forEVER on the waitlist for Amy Poehler's memoir, Yes Please, I finally got to check it out of the library.  I finished lightning quick and loved it.  I get the sense that if you're friends with Amy you count yourself lucky, but if you say something rude/foolish/ignorant then good luck to you, sir.  (My kind of person.)

Listening: we've had a lot of Fantasia playing in the background at our house since it appeared on Netflix.  It's in the background because Jon and I aren't too keen on getting our kid hooked on screens, but also because the first Fantasia gets freaky-scary.  So freaky-scary, in fact, that I didn't even know that there was an Ave Maria sequence at the very end because as a kid I always stopped watching before Bald Mountain came on.

And of course, watching Theo play, reading his expressive face, and listening to all of the funny sounds he has been making lately.

(Man I'm annoying.)
(But I can't help it, seriously.)

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me?!?! We just watched/listened to Fantasia at our house too and I feel the exact same way! I had no idea that Ave Maria was after that totally scary Bald Mountain song. I promptly called my sister to tell her the exciting news. Haha! She didn't believe me. :)
    ~Rhonda~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right?! i managed to power my way through bald mountain and then ave maria came up and i was like "wait, what?"

      Delete