30 September 2014

maui on the brain.



Autumn in Phoenix

Autumn in Phoenix


'tis the season where I usually can't think about anything except for what it would be like to live in a place where autumn is actually a real season again.  And indeed, I've been pining for autumn for a while.  I couldn't even wait until September to set up my fall decorations, I pulled them out on 30 August.

But recently, either by virtue of it still being warm or just thinking about the best ways to relax at the end of the day, I can't stop thinking about Maui and how amazing our trip was (back in May).

Oheo Gulch, Seven Sacred Pools, Maui

Oheo Gulch, Seven Sacred Pools, Maui


For me, "Maui" has become synonymous with "relaxation."  I mostly mean "the beaches of Maui," as we ended some days of our trip (and our trip in its entirety) pretty exhausted from the full itinerary we had.  But one of my favorite days of the trip was a free day, where all we did was soak up lots of sun, snorkel and swim in the ocean, and then repeat at a different beach.  Beach bumming at its finest.

Keawakapu Beach, Maui, Hawaii

Keawakapu Beach, Maui, Hawaii
(This was the moment in which I realized I actually am a beach person.  I'd previously believed I wasn't, but that was because hadn't been to the right beaches.)

Keawakapu Beach, Maui, Hawaii

Last night I had the brilliant idea that Jon and I should go back once every few years (or once every year!) just to go to the beaches.  We pretty much did all of the "need to do" things on our trip, so now I feel like we can just go for a short trip just to beach and relax and still be totally satisfied.  Jon did not turn the idea down.  SO.  Maui, hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment