16 January 2012

Klosterman's Questions: Six.

Q. At long last, someone invents "the dream VCR."  This machine allows you to tape an entire evening's worth of your own dreams, which you can then watch at your leisure.  However, the inventor of the dream VCR will only allow you to use this device if you agree to a strange caveat: When you watch your dreams, you must do so with your family and your closest friends in the same room.  They get to watch your dreams along with you.  And if you don't agree to this, you can't use the dream VCR.  Would you still do this?

A. yesyesyes!  i think this would be way cool, and i'd totally sign up to watch my dreams.

just about all of my dreams are very real.  that is, what happens in my dreams could absolutely happen in real life.  no talking animals, no cartoon lands, no unicorns/dragons/harry potter creatures (harry potter characters have made appearances in my dreams though - including one drunk professor snape who's voice now fills my head when i think of certain words...)

some of my dreams are slightly disturbing, and my dream self does things i would never ever do in real life... namely, kill people (this only happened once, i swear!), kiss strangers, and participate in wild car chases.

some of my dreams are a little scary.  like ones where rivers of water suddenly flow with lava or ones with bad men lurking in my house trying to kill me.

some are incredibly boring, but very much reminiscent of real-life happenings, like sitting in science labs and staring at cute boys instead of taking notes.

there are random ones, like when i find myself hanging out and having sleepovers with famous people.

there are ones that occupy my thoughts for days, when a doctor enters the room hospital and says i have your test results, and then i never find out what he has to tell me.

and then there are the dreams that make me so happy and very literally play out for my sleeping brain the events i cite as dreams of mine when i am fully conscious and awake.  like getting married and finding out that i'm pregnant and watching my husband nap with a baby on his chest and reading to my children at bedtime.

and i would re-watch all of these dreams with you in the room - even you nice strangers - yes i would!!

(speaking of dreams, listen to a special man's dream right here, it is one of my favorite to hear!!)

~~~










postscript!



see past questions by klosterman here

and

see january's pictures up to today here

No comments:

Post a Comment