04 September 2011

nephi's courage.

"...I, Nephi, crept into the city and went forth towards the house of Laban.

And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do." (1 Nephi 4:5-6)

~~~

this passage is amazing.  wanna know why?

some backstory first.

prior to this moment, nephi and his brothers have gone to laban's house before in order to get something very important to them and their family.  in these previous attempts, they've been stolen from and almost killed by laban (he's a super bad guy).

and so, nephi tries one more time - but alone this time, because his brothers are highly discouraged and doubtful of their chances for success.  oh, and one more thing: he has absolutely no idea what he's supposed to do at this point.  he walks into this big bad guy's house with no plan.  all he has is his faith and the companionship of the Spirit.

i've come to the understanding very recently that, at least for the time being, i need to move forward in life with nothing but uncertainty and faith.  it's really scary and stressful, and i don't like it at all.  right now i feel like i don't have any control over any part of my future.

but i do know this: i know that everything worked out for nephi, and so everything will work out for me, too!  Heavenly Father knows me and what's best, and right now, this is what's best for me.

i just can't wait until knowing what's going on becomes what's best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment